Sunday 11 October 2015

Matchbox Skeleton Shack

I'm running a swap over on UKScrappers at the moment to mak a little Halloween matchbox of horrors because )a) there are no other Halloween swaps on there and (b) I do love me a good matchbox.

The swap is to decorate a matchbox and make a little book to fit inside it. I may (ahem) have gone a little overboard this time as here is what I've ended up with. I was aiming for the look of an old abandoned haunted shack, and although I'm not too sure about my attempts at cobwebs I'm happy with the overall result.


There are three medium sized matchboxes glue together to make the house as you can see below. All covered with hand cut and inked paper to look like old weatherboard.  I used one of those plastic rulers with an image that appears to move as you move the ruler (sorry, I have no idea what the name for them is) to line the matchboxes. The ruler has marching skeletons on it which,, if you take the little books out can just be seen through the windows of the shack (hence skeleton shack).


The roof is made with a straw chimney and two smaller matchboxes inside - these hold little Halloween tickets that came from here and here which I resized to fit.



Inside each f the larger matchboxes are some little books that I made, and I will leave it for the recipient to find out what's inside.


I hope my swap partner likes it and thanks for looking.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's fabulous, I love it Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that's fabulous, I love it Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome Rebecca fabulous work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw on floor again. I wish I could crack open your head and peek inside Rebecca. In the nicest fan girl kind of way :D

    ReplyDelete