Old Sketchbook cardboard back cover
Plastic Halloween toys (spider and a skeleton)
Black Tissue paper
Hot Glue & Gun
Acrylic Paints in Black and Red
Treasure Gold (in Gold)
1. Draw a spiders web onto the cardboard.
2. Using hot glue trace over your pencil lines.
3. Attach spider with hot glue gun.
4. Tear up black tissue paper into small pieces, mine where roughly 1"x2".
5. Slap on lots of PVA glue and stick down lots of tissue paper. Apply to front and back.
6. Once dry, use the black and red acrylic paint to add colour to the tissue paper, colour both front and back.
7. Once dry highlight with Treasure Gold.
My finished front and back covers.
I am entering this into the Frilly and Funkie Halloween challenge.
Googling "altered halloween book covers" will return a freaky selection of ideas, enjoy!