Friday 12 December 2014

Left Of Center Challenge #58

The Theme is : Anything Goes (Dark).  As you all know I am very fond of the odd skull lurking around and since discovering the long lost word KTENOLOGY (The science of putting people to death)  I have taken it upon myself to explore this theme frequently.  Here is the latest addition to my collection.


I also have a love of making up lots of collaged backgrounds for whenever they may be needed, this piece uses one such piece cut to A5, I gessoed the base then slapped on lots of red and orange acrylic paint.  Once dry I smudged on lots of Antique Photo Distress Ink to knock back the colour.  I then stencilled the skull followed by the drops, drips and splatters with black archival ink.  Using the black ink and a costmetic sponge (yes, it does make a difference what sponge you use!) I distressed around the edges before adding the goblet and words.  I used silver paint, cream acrylic, black permanent pen and red glitter glue for the goblet.  The letters were cut out of scraps of black card. 

Other Materials used:
Stencils 
1. Andy Skinner: Skullduggery
2. TCW : Mini Confetti (the background splodges and splashes)
3. istencils: not sure of its name but its the long drops from the top.

Stamp (Digital)
The GOBLET from LOC (Left of Centre), and was the starting point for this idea.

Die cuts (the letters)
Sizziz SPOOKTACULAR sizzlet alphabet strip.

I've enjoyed taking a break from the festivities, hope this piece inspires you in some way.

If you would like the LOC GOBLET and 3 other digi stamps for free please email MAUREEN@LOC  and she'll be happy to send them to you.  Please remember to acknowedge LOC when you use these digi stamps.  

TFL

Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment