Monday 20 October 2014

20. Art Dolls for Halloween

Love the poem and the artwork yesterday. Great stuff.

Nothing in the way of a tutorial today, because these were totally based on this fabbie post from A Sprinkle of Imagination and all the instructions are there. Always worth a look as there is loads of inspiration there. I did do two separate legs and alter the way they were fixed on, and made the arms more arm like, but other than that it's pretty much the same.

However, I did think it would be fun to make them more Halloween and perhaps provide some ideas of how to make your own spooky art dolls. I covered all of the basic shapes in some old dictionary paper then went to town!

From left to right, we have the Mummy (strips of adhesive surgical bandage), freaky Alice (Octopode stamps), the Frog Princess (Dylusions stamps), Pumpkin Patty (more Octopode), Red Skull (decopatched napkin head) and the Mad Bat (Dylusions again). I may have gone a little overboard on the googly eyes, but I seem to have gazillions of them to use up. I also made a couple more, but they appear to have gone awol at the moment! Perhaps they're out trick or treating...

 
Because the arms are wire you can shape them however you like, or join them together to hang as decorations. I fancy making some of the basic head, body and leg shapes with fridge magnet paper so I can play mix n match on the fridge.

Hope you have fun with these any maybe make some yourself (they are very easy).

I am entering this into the Corrosive Challenge Blog for Halloween.

Come back tomorrow for a gorgeous project from the lovely Virginia who is very kindly doing a guest post here. Well worth a look.

Cheers.

Bex


1 comment:

  1. Well these are just the fabbiest things ever!!! xx

    ReplyDelete