Friday 23 January 2015

LOC Weekly Challenge

This week the Left of Centre (LOC) Challenge blog is sponored by That Crafty Place (Etsy) and has a 3 layers theme if you just want to go LOC!

Here's my DT contributions for this week and you all know I love my eyeballs!!


3 Layers

Materials Used:
Sizzix Tattered Flowers Die
Sizzix Garden Greens
red paint for splattering
glitter for the petals
a spare plastic eyeball for the flower centre
and a sentiment.


Saucy Sally

Materials Used
Digital stamp from ThatCraft Place coloured with Bic Mark-It Pens and Chalk Pastels (skin tone)
Navy Card
White Card coloured with Pan Pastels
White card frame coloured with Bic Mark-It pen (Navy)
Clear Sticky back plastic & glitter for the glitter window
Quote printed from word document.

NOTE: I really struggle to get the skin tone right, it usually looks like a really bad fake tan, 
so this time around I've used my chalk pastels in a rose pink and a taupe brown
and once applied I use a rubber to remove the intensity of colour until I'm happy with it.
Its fair to say I need more practice but I'll get there!!

Not sure this more CAS (clean and simple) look really works for me but its good to try
new styles, isn't it?

Thanks for popping by
Lou x




No comments:

Post a Comment