Friday 6 March 2015

Left of Centre (LOC) #68

This week at Left of Centre Challenge blog the digital stamp sponsor is Dilly Beans. My DT entry uses digital stamp no. 566 Jenn's Heart Framed.  She looked so lost and lonely so I've tried to create a lost and forgotten scrapbook page of a now long forgotten love, I think I'm in a valentines day time warp!


You said you'd love me forever!


The background:  I've used a selection of old scrapbook pages and aged them with distress ink; Vintage Photo and Walnut Ink.  I glued down someold grey embroidery thread for the circle and distressed a chipboard heart from a Heidi Swapp kit. The chipboard letter 'u' was inked with black stazon. LO SIZE 8X8.

The digital stamp: I've coloured the hearts, hair and dress with highlighters and then smooched Walnut distress ink over the whole piece. Attached a button, google eye and an old popper over the eye areas and finally redefined the frame with a permanent pen marker.

Once the piece was assembled I splattered on some brown ink.

I'm really starting to enjoy my experimenting with digital stamps, you play you learn.

The theme over at LOC is Big Eyes, why not have a play and enter one of your pieces, you don't have to use a stamp from the sponsor, in fact, you don't need to use a stamp at all, check out the other entries for inspiration and have fun.

Have a great weekend, happy crafting Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment